Monday 6 April 2009

Paul Harris & AB de Villiers: The Love Saga Continues

Thanks to Q, my collection of tender moments between the pair has grown. In fact, Q was kind enough to bombard me with an assortment of Paul Harris and AB photos which I will cherish to my dying days. They are, in a word, magnificent. Epic. Spanning continents and time. And I am now more sure than ever that the love story between these two South African cricketers is a story that deserves to be told.

In a world of LGBT rights, it's not only acceptable, but my duty to present these photos to the world and make known the power of AB's love for Paul. AB and Paul. Those names will look good on a wedding invitation.
That's what I want to look like on my wedding day.

Many years on, the love still remains.

They have this one game, "Who's Flying Into Daddy's Arms?" which they will also play with their children.


"Goddamn, I love you! SMELL ME! NOW!"


AB: "Back off, Bouch, you're interrupting our private moment."

Paul is the man in this relationship.

I think I feel a Celine Dion song coming on.

AB clings to Paul's neck, feeling the passion between them.

Even in old age, they will love each other.

However, don't be fooled by all this love. There is a deep and dark force at work which threatens to overthrow their relationship. It is known by the name of Crocodile Hunter.

That is, South African Crocodile Hunter.

14 comments:

H said...

wow. omg. why didn't anyone notice this before? :D

Gaurav Sethi said...

a new genre - romantic cricket comedy

Q said...

Brilliant Amy! U have done justice to my picture collection :-)

Amy said...

@Marcus - They cleverly disguise their love in a world which doesn't accept it. But one day, one day they will reveal their love to the world...

@Naked Cricket - Yes, there will be a motion picture about the trio, P.S. I Bowled You.

@Q - It's an amazing collection, haha. I laughed so much at that last photo in particular. Classic.

Esra_Star said...

Hate to break it to you Amy but the AB and Paul love story could just about be AB and any member of the Saffa team! Although I am a fan of the bromance...

Amy said...

AB's a cheeky fellow then, isn't he? His roommate is Morne Morkel - wonder how that's working out, hey?

SixSixEight said...

Oooh I like this - well done. Harris is very touchyfeely I fear it is just as probable that Paul brakes of the romance.

Crock boy does not look that enamoured of AB!

Amy said...

Ah, but I found a new picture of Dale and AB which will spice things up a little...

Anonymous said...

haha i love this so much!!

amy - whats this new photo of ab and dale?

btw - i think i found a few more photos of the bromance to add to your collection, if not there already -

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1037/3174323683_76460f689b.jpg

my personal fave - http://sports.gay.com/images/2008/07/18/paul_harris_ab_de_villiers.jpg

Peachy Maiden said...

Paul and Ab do seem to have somthing going on between them. Wonder what Harris's wife would be thinking? =]

Amy said...

@Anonymous - It'll be in an upcoming post. I'll post it as soon as I can, as Q has just come up with some more pictures. Thanks for the photos! I hadn't seen that first one before.

@Peachy Maiden - AB is so persistent, I'm sure she's had to come to terms with it. Unfortunately, she decided the best course of action would be to share. But you never know, she might snap one day and tell the media what's going on between AB and Paul. That would be shocking.

Alex said...

You know it isn't just the Saffas. This sort of man love exists thorugh every team. But then I've always thought that cricket was the most likely to produce some male bonding.

"He stroked that ball beautifully through the covers"
"That one swung through the air and tickled him up on the ribs"
"The bowler's appeal was very strong and the umpire just had to raise his finger"
"Up goes the finger and he's in trouble now"
"That one was way down the leg, and the umpire has to spread his arms"
"Smashed that one straight down his throat"
"The bowler's Holding ... etc" (done to death I know, but hey)

Amy said...

The saffas seem to make it particularly evident, though. It's highly amusing.

And perhaps cricket wasn't really invented so people could play cricket, but rather to invent euphemisms for "male bonding". If the Belgians really invented it, then it's particularly pertinent.

Anonymous said...

Oooh new pic of AB and Dale? Cant wait to see it!! :)