Monday 13 April 2009

Albie is out

Johnson bowled him.

The bastard.

This warrants its own post. I wish I hadn't told AB to give Albie the strike.

Now AB's on the way to 100, having gotten rid of the only player on the team who deserved glory. It was his plan all along. I should have known.

Hey Boucher, now that Albie's gone, how about you run AB out?

Too bad, the Echidna's on it, and AB's out. Fuck yes. That's how you take a catch. That's whose catch you take.

Hello Duminy. Feeling excited? Beat the crap out of Mitch. Just do something insane for once. Reveal emotions.

Am imagining a smug AB consoling Albie over his shit score. "It's okay, Albie, it's only 21 times smaller than mine." Cunning bastard.

Someone get out. This is boring. Oh wait, forget it, Boucher hit a six. Duminy's turn.

Haha, Johnson dropped Duminy on Bracken's ball. Bracken glared at him through his hair - nobody ever dropped anyone from Johnson's bowling.

Did anyone else notice Kallis had more runs than Albie? This is like the Twilight Zone.

Duminy and Boucher go seriously insane. I like it. 15 runs off Johnson's over. Apparently God does exist. I'm off to tell AB. (btw, Albie orchestrated this, payback for Johnson)

DUMINY IS OUT ON THE LAST BALL. That's hilarious. I bet he planned that, just to rub the insignificance of a wicket in the Aussies' faces. At least Mike Hussey took the catch. And strangely enough, Harwood has 2 wickets.

Stellar knock by Duminy. 40 off 25 balls. If you double that, he would have practically matched AB in 50 balls. Dodgy stats, but whatever. Anything to undermine AB's efforts.

South Africa 317/6. Australia stand no chance. There, I said it. Bring on some last ditch desperate attempts to salvage the match.

16 comments:

Andrew in MA said...

Mitchell Johnson felt your pain Amy.

richie_141 said...

delayed karma?

He nearly (using a loose definition of nearly) ran himself out in his first over. I really wished he did, cos I was going to make a smart comment about AB STAYING SHARP!! But the twat made 84. Oh well, I'll snigger away anyway...

Amy said...

Andrew, I could practically feel it amidst all the celebrations.

Richie, if he'd gotten out in that first over, I'd have saved myself a lot of irritation. Anyway, looks like even God couldn't guide him to a century.

Unknown said...

Boucher and Jiminy are treating your friend Johnson as you think he deserves. :-)

Amy said...

It's all Albie's doing. Mitch will think twice before crossing him next time.

Unknown said...

The power of the Albie. I think I've been converted. Am I right in suspecting he bestowed the curse of the slippery fingers to aid Jiminy's cause?

Amy said...

How did you know?

He's also the Messiah, if you want to start getting extravagant.

12th Man said...

You must seriously re-consider the tag line of this blog.

Amy S. talks Albie, should me more apt.

Amy said...

Only when he's playing or going to play ;)

I'll talk Yusuf Pathan later, just for you.

Unknown said...

Haha... I'll leave the extravagant Albieism to you, Amy S. :D

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. But why do you have so much 'pent up' hate towards AB. He's one of the nicest chaps who play international cricket? =]

Amy said...

rhoe, even I'm not crazy enough to go that far.

anon, welcome to the blog. As for AB, it's not hatred, but I wish I could explain. He's just too ridiculous to seem real. I've said before that he seems to be a caricature of a positive, upbeat person with no real personality besides "stay sharp!" I don't hate him, though, so take comfort in that. He's an easy target, and I can't resist.

richie_141 said...

Wow. AB's playing. So, I guess Jesus is celebrating his 'ha ha stupid Romans I can come back to life' routine by posting here... What a scoop, Amy!!!

Amy said...

But it's a nice Jesus! I like nice Jesuses.

richie_141 said...

Well, I guess, looking at it more rationally, AB may have just jumped on during the lunch break... I mean, I'm not saying it's not Jesus, but you know...

Amy said...

Following your initial suggestion, I firmly believe it is Jesus.

Anon, you are Jesus.