Monday 13 April 2009

Confusing ODIs and T20s

There is something wrong with me. Everytime I watch an ODI match, about 10 overs into the match, my mind flips out because apparently we're halfway through the innings. It happens every time. The only thing I could possibly blame is Twenty20.

Damn you, T20, for making ODIs less interesting! Damn you for tricking me into thinking teams should have scored at least 70 runs by the 10th over! Damn you to hell, you cunning bastard!

Of course, as soon as that moment of confusion disappears, I'm back into the game, cheering a team on. ODIs can be fun.

8 comments:

Andrew in MA said...

ODI's? Are those the things which are two and a half times as long as a real cricket match? They annoy me, my friend Lalit and I like to sit in the stands and yell at them to get on with it. Someone tried to tell me of something called a 'Test' which is over 11 times as long as a proper match, but I think they're joking with me, who could possibly enjoy that?

Amy said...

Jesus used to play real cricket in his spare time. That's what sport was invented for anyway, to be a pasttime. Nobody wants to pass time for 5 days.

Everyone mistakenly thinks Test cricket is real cricket, but I have compelling evidence to prove the opposite. That said, I do love it.

Ankit Poddar said...

No, lets not make it a Tests v/s ODI v/s T20 war, lets make it a racial war instead!

Amy said...

How so? Do tell, I'm very interested.

Anonymous said...

You are suffering from IPL/T20 hallucinations.

Amy said...

I am, and every single time. It didn't happen for this match, but only because I had already posted this.

Indophile said...

There is no way that ODI is going to be rescued. I can't think of a single close match in an year where there were zillions of one day matches were played...Give me a T20 or a Test anytime anywhere..just remember the first T20 when A Morkel and Boucher took turns to hit Australia out of the match after David Hussey shock an awe treatment

Amy said...

T20s are undoubtedly exciting. I think that perhaps ODIs can be saved. I'm not particularly against them myself. I may have said this earlier, but you do get to see some great players who don't otherwise make the Test outfit.

In a couple of years time, we'll probably know whether ODIs are going to be completely overshadowed by T20s.