Monday 22 June 2009

Boom Boom Afridi

You know I was going to say it, I just had to. I've been sitting on this all day because apparently I changed internet service providers and I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW. Those liars. So that's one giant fucking problem I have to deal with when I get home.
But wait, AFRIDI. He wasn't very "boom boom" at all, actually. More measured and playing like Sri Lanka normally would, only it was Pakistan. So that was strange and out of character, but I can only assume some sort of Freaky Friday-esque thing happened and the two teams switched souls. I guess that means Barbara Harris was living inside of Afridi so obviously they had to win. Barbara Harris is a winner, everyone knows that.

As for Sri Lanka, Jayasuriya and King Kumar were the only real standouts as they attempted to rally and post a decent score. But how about Angelo Mathews at the end? That was strange and rather fortunate. Poor Dilshan, he could have gone on to do great things. As it was, his duck led to a final which isn't all that memorable, except perhaps for Pakistan, for whom this is a pretty great win.

And as expected, this is huge in Pakistan. So huge their President is giving something like 1 million rupees to Younis and Afridi, and half that to the rest of the team. Um, wow? Don't mind me saying so, but I'm pretty sure there's a billion other places he could be putting that money to use. Anyway, Pakistan win so all the more glory to them.

WOOHOO! DO YOU NOT LOVE THIS MAN?

And this might not have sunk in yet, but the tournament is OVER. It is the greatest feeling in the world when a tournament like this ends before you've gotten so sick of it you never want to turn on the television again.

28 comments:

Stani Army said...

:o)

Amy said...

Hello to you too.

Anonymous said...

Eat your heart out Albie.

Albie Morkel said...

I am Albie Morkel. I am amazing, bow down to me, mere mortals.

Amy said...

Seriously Stani, ever since you impersonated Albie on a different thread, he's been commenting with increasing regularity.

Anonymous said...

Afridi is more dangerous than Albie who is just a mirage.

Esra_Star said...

Afridi is the show pony who knows exactly how awesome he is (Ie. see camera poses). Gotta love the bloke.

Amy said...

Anon, boo.

Esra, his hair is awesome too.

Unknown said...

I love the guy. Anybody who pisses Kallis off wil get my vote.

fordaluvofMorne said...

I cannot believe I gave up precious sleep to see Dilshan get a duck and Lanka loose!

Stani Army said...

:o)

Stani Army said...

It's not me. Why do you immediately think of me when these nut cases start impersonating people? Then again, you probably usually think of me when you think of Albie anyway right?

Afridi thinks his hair is awesome too.

Amy said...

It would probably be helpful if he got it cut, though. The awesomeness slowly blends into creepiness.

Stani Army said...

He's hoping for a shampoo ad deal. It's obvious. Fingers through the hair as he looks up and then into the distance. Aussie (TM) should sign him up....that frizz control stuff.

Esra_Star said...

If anyone can pull off a shampoo commercial it may just be Afridi! I remember a few years back some of the Collingwood (AFL) boys did a shampoo commercial. It was absolutely terrible & crap and they copped a lot of shit for it.

missjane said...

Yay! Clearly I did not jinx them.

And any shampoo ad would *have* to be better than the hair replacement ads Warney does... loathe them.

Which I think means that I need to accept that West Coast are just... lacking in talent right now. *sigh*

Stani Army said...

We'll have to dub him though Es...use Hughes', Ponting's or Symo's voice?

The MG said...

well, he does have pretty awesome hair, so that must help. it's like a very new, very expensive doll's.

Stani Army said...

Really MG, tell us more hehehe

The MG said...

wish there was a story behind that, i really do :P

Stani Army said...

You liar! Don't worry, just email me.

The MG said...

haha, well, i was sitting in the concourse watching a test match one day...

Stani Army said...

In public MG? You have no shame, honestly!

Ok, let me get some pop corn and you can tell me the rest. Back in a bit....

pay per head reviews said...

wow I do not know why people take this very serious, I mean I was reading The MG comments and they are totally uncalled for! shame on him!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice information. I prefer to read this kind of stuffs. Boom Boom Afridi is my favorite player who can change the game at crucial point of time and i use to pick them every time, when i play IPL Fantasy Cricket with online friends.

Unknown said...

Nice Information sharing and free cricket betting tips.

CricketLiveHD said...

www.CricketLiveHD.com

Well that I suggest you check out www.CricketLiveHD.com it has all a cricket Fan needs
It has pretty much everything and without the hassle of too many ads or popups. check out.

Live TV Channels
Live Cricket Match streaming
Live Scores
Match results
Cricket News and Articles and all Cricket TV CHANNELS

CricketLiveHD said...

Cricket free live Streaming and BLOG