Monday 8 June 2009

Vettori Blues

There's concern as to whether Dan Vettori will be fit in time for the match against South Africa tomorrow. He missed the Scotland one and New Zealand pulled through, but they're going to need him for this upcoming match if they stand any chance of going further.

Why oh why did he have to fall on his shoulder during practice? That just creates a whole lot of drama I don't like at all.

The thing is, New Zealand need Dan fit by Tuesday. And so do I. Because I just really need him to take die AB's wicket.

9 comments:

profernity said...

NZ are already through to the Super 8s, so they don't really need SuperDan for Tuesday's match.

Esra_Star said...

I think Amy just needs die AB to get out on a golden duck bowled by Dan.

Unknown said...

I hope Dan will play as well. Can they just move ROFL up the order.

Amy said...

Profernity, yeah, I was aware of that. But it really just was to see whether NZ could beat South Africa when they're going good because that'll be an indicator of whether they could possibly beat South Africa down the track. Another loss in the semis would be pretty annoying, I'd say.

Esra, a golden duck, not that's something. Only Dan or Jesse could do it, and I'm counting on them.

Boncam, yeah he is languishing down there a bit. I say swap him with AB and move Albie one up the order. That seems about right.

Unknown said...

Thought you'd say something like that.

Move Smithy down, ROFL opening batsman. I want AB second, guy needs some balls. (Yeah I said it.)

See no Smith bashing :)

Unknown said...

Found this prank for you. This was before the Aus tour to SA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jyyBtTsHE

Amy said...

Nice, but the second one might have worked better on CSA, with the punchline being Jacques Kallis.

Something that might interest you is that the second CA worker is a cousin of mine. Literally. I'd pretty much recognise that voice anywhere. Too bad he doesn't know it was a radio prank.

Unknown said...

Weird. Im guessing you told him.

Amy said...

Well, no. I haven't talked to Matt in a few weeks and I didn't know about the prank till you told me. But I will tell him.