Sunday 3 May 2009

KP Hates Aussie Crowds

Yes he does. He knows all about it too:
"I have never heard abuse like the last time we were in Australia playing in the Ashes... Australia took me by surprise with the sheer levels of stick we got as a team. It was pretty relentless. Everywhere you go, you are going to get a small minority of a crowd who will come to the ground to heckle and chuck abuse. Australian crowds are really bad, though."

Yeah, bitch, it's how things go. We learn sledging before we learn the alphabet.

But KP comes across as a bit of a whiner there. He even thinks Allan Border's involved in the Australian conspiracy:
"In Australia, even some of their former players get involved with the abuse. I remember in 2007 when I'd broken my rib and had to fly home, Allan Border accused me of getting out of the country too quickly. He inferred I wasn't badly hurt and I considered that a massive insult. It was a cheap shot."

"In Australia, even some of their former players..."
Aussies. What can I say? Apparently we're just inherently a bunch of dickheads. Apparently. But I think KP's also exaggerating more than you'd think.

Okay, so we might sledge a heck of a lot, but Australians are made out to be a truly dastardly group who are the root of all evil. Now that we're on the topic, I might as well admit that JFK, 9/11, Katrina and the Depression were also because of us.

The Aussie cricketing team is worse. It's the villainous overlord ripping everyone else to shreds.

3 comments:

Esra_Star said...

Suck it up princess. KP is bound to get it worse, he's a Saffa/ Pom cross. That's game on in Oz.

Jonathan said...

You mean there were any Aussies in the ground after the Barmy Army ate all the tickets?

Amy said...

Esra, yeah, he does seem to be a rather unfortunate combination of nationalities. Too bad.

Jonathan, see I was wondering the same thing. If Warnie can put up with crap about his texting habits and failing marriage on his home turf, surely KP can stand being called a wanker on an overseas tour?

Funny, I was seated quite close to the fringe of the Barmy folk at one of the games. It was eventful, to say the least.