Wednesday 27 May 2009

Ricky Talks Ashes Line-Ups

He's being a bit of a bitch to Australia's lesser bowlers, but Ricky's got a point and it seems to be the right one. The World T20 won't have any impact on who gets picked for the first Test in Cardiff. From the training camp in Queensland, he surfaced to bring us this news:
"I don't think you can really take much out of form in Twenty20 cricket when you're looking at Test matches. We've got two tour games to play before the first Test and I think, to tell the truth, that will be our best chance to get a look at the likelihood of some of those guys playing in the first Test match."
Brett Lee is a little disappointed after his stint in the IPL. He did, after all, think he was a shoo-in for frontline bowler during the first Test, or at least I said so. No doubt if it comes to it, the selectors will end up picking him over Hilfy because they're just like that, but whether he can upstage Johnson, Clark or Siddle is a little unclear at the moment.

Also from the same magical training camp on the Sunshine Coast (doesn't that just make it sound more like a holiday?), Michael Clarke tells us how Lara won't be distracting him during the tour:
"Having my partner on tour is definitely not a distraction."

Sure. If I weren't such a bitch, I'd post a gratuitous Lara Bingle shot here, but then again I am a bitch so I won't. Oh alright, maybe I'm not that big of a bitch:



At least it takes the piss out of the highly "outrageous" tourism ad that screened in the UK. So very outrageous it was for the tea-drinkers:



Indeed. Where the bloody hell are you?

16 comments:

Amy said...

I'm not a bitch Stani... I'm not a bitch.

Punter sure doesn't show the same affiliation towards Brett that he shows to Hayden and the like. Maybe it's the hair, it's got to be the hair.

Amy said...

That would be assuming that he even has hair on his chest.

Anonymous said...

Punter loves Symonds.

J said...

Ponting can blow hot and cold depending on a player's form but some he takes permanent grudges against like Brad Hodge and has a word in the selectors' ears to that effect. He seems to be a bit turned off Brett Lee atm. Because he's straight, unlike a certain SA skipper, he's not swayed by batting of eyelids. You'd imagine that the cute AB would never get dropped as his aesthetic value would be too much for Smith to resist.

Stani Army said...

I wouldn't know Ames, I wouldn't know.

Don't ask why I'm saying tings twice, just don't ask.

J, if Smith picks on aesthetic value, why is Albie (this is a man by the way) in the side?

Amy said...

Go to hell darling and never come back.

Stani Army said...

Ahhh, another to add to my collection. You really do save them for me Ames!

I'm jus off to hell but don't worry, albie back.

J said...

There's worse than Albie around. Can't believe that Smith is advertising fatty foods with Francois Pienaar. Surely he's laughing stock enough without doing that. And on another note, Albie's up to 4% in the voting and Botha is rapidly bridging the gap between himself and AB.

Anonymous said...

As a Pom/tea drinker/ whatever the hell it is you're calling us these days Amy, I don't know anyone who saw the ad and found it offensive. Hilariously bad, maybe, but not too much for our delicate little morals! ;)

-Heather

Amy said...

Stani, that's terrible. It's just terrible, I don't know where you come up with these.

J, it's quite disconcerting to see Botha climbing up the ranks so fast. If he's this popular, I wonder what the public reaction in South Africa was when he was called for chucking again this year.

Heather, I found the token Aboriginal dancers offensive in an entirely different way. For fuck's sake, that's not all they do. But there was quite an uproar about the ad in the UK, apparently. The advertising standards board took it off air or something. We heard a lot about it here, and my close friend works in the ad agency that made the ad. He was a little pissed, to be honest.

Unknown said...

""I don't think you can really take much out of form in Twenty20 cricket when you're looking at Test matches," the Australian captain said at the squad's training base at Coolum on the Sunshine Coast yesterday.""

Why does Sticking Something always sounds dismissive of the T20s?

Hmm...?

Can't come to terms with the fact that Aussie have been dominated by other teams?

I would love to see Aussies getting trashed in the T20 WC, and Sticky licking his wounds.

Amy said...

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing that either. A bit of a laugh is always a good thing.

Anonymous said...

If you want funny ads involving cricketers, the ones the Saffas did for Lays crisps before the 2007 world cup with Francois Pienaar were genuinely hilarious. Unfortunately they've vanished from youtube but the dreadful acting shown by the likes of AB would be worth hunting down...

-Heather

Amy said...

That piqued my interest. I'll do a bit of a search to see if I can find it.

Anonymous said...

If I remember rightly it was AB, Bouch, Hersch and Makhaya in them, if that's any help. There was a series of them, at least six. I'll let you know if I find them again.

-Heather

Amy said...

Thanks Heather.