Friday 15 May 2009

Tait is pissed

He probably wished he could say so, so, so much more.
"It's pretty easy for CA to say 'get yourself ready for a tournament' when they haven't given you a contract. I could quite easily duck off to the Greek Islands for a couple of months if I wanted to. But I'll keep myself fit, keep bowling and if something does come up well that'd be good."
See what he did there. He managed to restrain himself. Remarkable. I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to do the same and I'd have exploded in the selectors' faces.

The situation with Shaun Tait is pretty much just... mindblowing. He says it in as many words:
"When you think you're ready to go and play, I thought they had me in mind for future tournaments, so that was fair enough at the time. But to not let you go, then not pick you in a squad, then not give you a contract is a little bit of a kick in the teeth."
It's fair game to call it a "little bit of a kick in the teeth". How about I edit that:
"But to not let you go, then not pick you in a squad, then not give you a contract is a little bit of a kick in the teeth big fucking kick up the backside and I'm getting my axe ready to hack those bastards to bits."
That's better.

This is also the chance for Shaun to come out with just how much he agrees with Chris Gayle's recent comments. Finally, a like-minded individual to share your thoughts with. Too bad Gayle practically retracted his comments.

5 comments:

Homer said...

lol :)

Amy said...

Is the situation he's in amusing? Haha.

Esra_Star said...

I am not a Tait fan but I do feel sorry for the bloke, talk about being screwed over. Maybe he should follow Dirk's lead and find a new country for the world cup to say up yours.

Lulu said...

I'm with Shaun, cos he's my SA homeboy. Sick of him getting screwed around with.

Amy said...

Esra, what country? New Zealand?

Lulu, a lot of it he invites himself, but this time he's genuinely the victim.