Friday 15 May 2009

Bops

That's a terrible name. I'll stick with Bopara.

I do quite like the guy. Three consecutive centuries, all stocky and pudgy-like, displaying the batting people want to see as opposed to, say, Cook's shots. Not that I mind how the mascara diva plays, because playing the necessary shots without any real beauty serves the same purpose as guiding the ball through cover or some such.

But yes, Bops is the man to go with. I'm sort of sitting here in disbelief that I'm calling him Bops, but am unable to do anything to the opposite.

Graham Gooch has been sending text messages to Ravi:
"Graham got a pair at the very start of his career and so did I. He just sent me a text saying congratulations so it makes me happy to see him happy."

Anything for his protégé.

While Cook's century was equally as hard earned, giving him the opportunity to build on his score tomorrow, I can't help noticing that England are actually playing decently. It's rather disconcerting. What kind of form is this, going into the Ashes?

6 comments:

GoodCricketWicket said...

There is a nice symetry about Bopara's test career so far. First three ducks, now three centuries.

On that rate of progression, the Ashes should see him score three double hundreds.

Amy said...

In a move which rivals Hughes'?

GoodCricketWicket said...

Being an optimist, I suggest that Hughes has used up his summer's run quota already for Middlesex...

Amy said...

Ah, of course. That's what they all say.

Anonymous said...

watch cricket online
http://www.cricketmatcheslive.blogspot.com

Amy said...

NO!