Wednesday 6 May 2009

Apparently England are playing ODIs

I guess they didn't get the memo telling them Test cricket was up next. Just look at them fall on successive balls. Kevin Pietersen is an absolute duck and suddenly Bopara has to get their shit together for them.

As if he hasn't already been doing exactly that.

My oh my, this is amusing. I actually thought the West Indies could win this match, but if they continue to bowl well (Fidel Edwards is on a roll now, look at him go) in both innings, I think an innings defeat is entirely possible. Provided the Windies don't have a brain explosion either.

Fun, fun, fun, at the cricket. Apparently they only sold 12k tickets to today's game, which is something like half the total capacity of the stadium. I guess the English aren't very enthusiastic about seeing limited overs-style collapses like these.

It's early days, but England sure know how to swing things out of their favour. Very early days but I don't care. Will Edwards get his hat-trick? I doubt it, but you never really know, do you?

5 comments:

short leg said...

Amazing to see KP fall for a golden duck. IPL hangover?

Unknown said...

And they were let off. Thanks to a million dropped catches. I ought to throw the slippery handed lot of them out the Caribbean. :(

Amy said...

SL, you bet. So much T20 he thought it was alright to get out first ball in a Test. Never learns, that Kevin.

Rhoe, I guess I should have mentioned a failure in the field lessening WI's chances. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Ahaha... if Eng are played ODIs, the Windies are playing T20s. Pathetic. :(

Amy said...

Not just pathetic, but somehow funny because England are going to win this one by the looks of it.