Saturday 2 May 2009

Winning bets for Australia

They were always going to chase that 198 or whatever it was. I don't have much emotion invested in this series at all, just a bit of money from a foolish bet made while completely pissed. So it's a bit of a relief that they actually won.

A long while ago I told Q Australia would win. He said it would be Pakistan. And really, it could have been Pakistan, if it weren't for Roy, Pup and Doug doing a lot of the work after that first failed ODI.

Apparently Evil Doug is from the Baulkham Hills area in Sydney. And even Toongabbie. That's a bit like saying you're from the East End of London. No wonder he is so secretly evil.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA."

8 comments:

Lulu said...

I like Doug.

Amy said...

Never said I didn't. I actually like his evilness. And his advanced hair, yeah yeah.

Jonathan said...

Toongabbie = Baulkham Hills??? Big difference there.

And the East End is great.

Amy said...

No, he played for Toongabbie but came from Baulkham Hills. I suppose it could have been worse. He could have come from Campbelltown.

pRAFs said...

yeah, from being bald eagle to ...well just eagle... good goin for doug

Amy said...

You won't believe this, but people actually nicknamed him "Hairy Eagle" after the transplant.

I know.

Q said...

He surely doesn't look evil though.. he has a very boyish face.. I remember seeing him when the Aussies first arrived in Dubai.. as he walk past I didn't recognise him and wondered which one he was - Ferguson or Bollinger.. and I thought probably Ferguson cos how can a fast bowler look like such a boy.. apparently he can. He blew us away yesterday..

Amy said...

Dougie has a very unique brand of evil. It's my kind of evil. I like it.